~/jlvillaraza

don't mind me... move on..

6.16.2005

491 Viruses Found

June 16, 2005 5:45 a.m.
Pearl: “Good Morning, Aimee”
Translation: 491 viruses found.

What a way to start the day. I fell asleep last night while running a complete test on my system. I got paranoid after the spy ware attack. I guess I was right to be paranoid though. And all these viruses were found in a ghost folder named C:\Uploads. I could swear I didn’t see any such folder while I was browsing around my file system last night. *sigh* it’s a pain to maintain windows pc’s. You get the feeling the entire world is against you!

Pearl, I have a confession to make. I’d like to say I was just a victim of another random attack but I caused all this! *whine*. I was searching on lime wire for a cracked version of super bounce out the other day. I know, stupid mistake. I was suspicious because it was a zipped file with just a setup.exe file in it. But in desperation of having something to take my mind off work, I ran it, nothing happened. I had a feeling there was something wrong, but I shrugged it off. Lesson 1: Stop Piracy :p, Lesson 2: learn to trust your instincts! If it looks wrong, don’t take the risk! I can’t believe how stupid I got. Don’t you worry pearl, I’ll be more careful with my pirating next time :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home