~/jlvillaraza

don't mind me... move on..

6.15.2005

reFreshing

This day was great. UP Cursor and the other organizations in the CS Network of UP Diliman held a one-day orientation session for the freshies to prepare them for what lies ahead. My role as one of the tutors for Computorient was to give the “kids” a taste of programming in a linux environment, using the VI text editor and compiling using gcc which by the way means “GNU Compiler Collection”. Yes, it was the undying “hello world” program again. I didn’t want to break tradition. I must say, that was the first c program I ever wrote and the first source code that I fully understood, back in my c-programming-introduction days about 5 years ago when I started out with Computer Science at Xavier University, Ateneo de Cagayan. I must admit seeing them this afternoon made me reminisce about the good old days when I was an eager freshman. Then something went seriously wrong, I LOST THE PASSION! I guess I got distracted by a lot of things, things that I can’t really pinpoint right now (or should I say refuse to ;p) But anyway, I hope these freshies get started on the right foot and I hope they have a long and happy CS life ahead of them (and hopefully the long life will not be exclusively spent in UP *toothy grin*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home